Who are you?
You are a scientist probably in life sciences. Your mindset is all about open science and working together towards better health. You are always looking for ways to improve biomedical research. You might already have experience in BA or PM-roles. As a business analyst, you are able to identify our customers’ needs and advise them on how their needs can be met using The Hyve’s IT and data solutions. You serve as an interpreter between our customers in pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, and biomedical research groups and The Hyve’s software engineers, data engineers, and solutions architects. Last but not least, you are capable of managing projects for developing and delivering bespoke IT and data solutions.
Who you’ll be working with
The Hyve is a young, international IT company, employing 40+ software developers, solutions architects and data engineers. We are dedicated to delivering solutions that support scientists in life sciences and healthcare R&D using open-source software, open data and open standards. Our vision is to enhance the quality and impact of biomedical research by providing biomedical informatics solutions and we believe that open source is the way to do this.
Our clients include top universities, hospitals, international pharma and food companies. We mostly interact with researchers who will benefit from our solutions in their day-to-day activities. These include principal scientists, leaders of data analytics teams, and members of R&D IT groups.
Currently, we want to extend our Health Data Infrastructure team. The team focuses on two aspects: Biomedical Data Services and Real-World Evidence (RWE). The Business Analyst role will support our RWE team by identifying customers’ needs and requirements. The goal of this role is helping researchers utilize the full potential of their population health data and patient-generated data.
What you’ll do
- Identifying customers’ business needs and requirements
- Business case development
- Business modelling
- Mapping the customers’ existing IT solutions and identifying how they can be integrated with The Hyve’s solutions
- Stakeholder management
- Project management
- Affinity with what we try to achieve at The Hyve: enabling open science by developing and implementing open-source solutions and FAIRifying data in life sciences
- Customer-oriented attitude driven by the wish to fulfil our customer’s needs and business requirements
- Strong collaboration skills and team working approach
- Excellent communication skills, whether interacting with decision-makers, business staff, principal scientists, IT staff or software engineers
- Master’s degree in the field of Medical Informatics, Biology, IT or Management Studies
- Experience in research
Nice to have
- PhD degree is highly appreciated
- Experience with Agile Scrum as a product owner
- Experience in consultancy or business analysis
What we offer
We offer a 32-40 hours workweek, a competitive salary and a pleasant working environment with young and bright colleagues.
For more information, please contact:
Julia Kurps, Team Lead Health Data Infrastructure, firstname.lastname@example.org
Harry van Haaften, Managing Director, +31 30 7009713, email@example.com
How to apply?
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not appreciate being contacted by recruiters based on this vacancy.