Who are you?
The Hyve is a young, international IT company, employing software developers, solutions architects and data engineers. We are dedicated to delivering solutions that support scientists in life sciences and healthcare R&D using open source software, open data and open standards. Our vision is to enhance the quality and impact of biomedical research by providing biomedical informatics solutions, and we believe that open source is the way to do this.
Currently we want to expand our Cancer Genomics and Target Discovery team, which consists of two subteams:
- The Open Targets team, where we enhance early stage drug development research with tools provided by the Open Targets consortium. The two main tools we support are the Target Validation platform and the Genetics Portal. The Target Validation platform deals with data from a variety of different sources and brings these together in a comprehensive way, while the Genetics Portal is focused on genetic evidence only allowing for a more detailed view of this particular type of data (GWAS).
- The cBioPortal team, where we work with cBioPortal to facilitate cancer research and treatment. Here the focus is on understanding cancer through looking at the molecular characteristics of the tumor, such as mutations in the DNA and differences in gene expression or copy number, both from a research perspective and a clinical perspective. cBioPortal is used in a large number of cancer hospitals and pharma companies around the world.
In both subteams we improve and extend the existing software with new functionality, support for new data types and better integration with other applications.
- Write excellent code, tests and documentation
- Review code from colleagues or community members
- Help less experienced colleagues to improve their coding skills
- Be a good sparring partner for other developers and architects when designing features and estimating work
- Be able to work both independently on a task and in a team on a project
- Java experience
- Database knowledge
- Spring or Java EE experience
- Based in or willing to move to The Netherlands
- Affinity with what we try to achieve at The Hyve: improving the world by providing biomedical scientists with excellent tools for analyzing their data
- Apache Spark
Nice to have
- Amazon AWS
We offer a 32-40-hour workweek, a competitive salary and a pleasant working environment with young and bright colleagues.
For more information, please contact:
Sjoerd van Hagen, Team Lead Cancer Genomics and target Discovery, firstname.lastname@example.org
Harry van Haaften, Managing Director, +31 30 7009713, email@example.com
We do not appreciate being contacted by recruiters based on this vacancy.