Who are you?
We are looking for a front-end developer with a proven track record of solving challenging technical problems and creating great products for end users. You are a front-end developer who likes to work with modern web development frameworks like React, and who would like to contribute to open source software in the biomedical science domain. Experience in building web applications / portals is a pre.
The Hyve is a young, international Bio-IT company, employing software developers, solutions architects and data engineers. We are dedicated to delivering solutions that support scientists in life sciences and healthcare R&D using open source software, open data and open standards. Our vision is to enhance the quality and impact of biomedical research by providing biomedical informatics solutions.
- Write excellent code, tests and documentation
- Developing new front ends for data exploration, visualization and analysis solutions
- Be a good sparring partner in the team when designing features and estimating work
- Be able to work both independently on a task and in a team on a project
- Affinity with what we try to achieve at The Hyve: improving the world by providing biomedical scientists with excellent tools for managing their data
- Experience with
- the quirks of modern and less up to date browsers
- REST APIs
- writing unit tests
- Version control (e.g. Git)
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Healthy dose of curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Based in or willing to move to The Netherlands
- Experience with Redux
- Experience with RDF
- Continuous integration tools and practices
Nice to have
- Experience in the biomedical science domain, or life sciences more generally
- User experience design
- Experience with Git, Kubernetes
- Experience with Travis CI
- 32 – 40 hour workweek
- Competitive salary
- An open, innovative and international culture
- Located in Utrecht, the heart of The Netherlands
- Working for renowned research institutes worldwide
- Working for research departments of most of the top 10 big pharma
- We have a personal development budget for each employee of The Hyve, to encourage investing in developing yourself personally or professionally.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan
- A great workplace with team activities, table football, game nights and a piano
Please provide us your motivation letter and CV by email.
For more information, please contact: Harry van Haaften, Managing Director, +31 30 7009713 or email@example.com