Who are you?
You are an experienced software developer who is allround in coding, solutions architecture and is able to explain the solution to the customer. As a full stack software developer at The Hyve you will add value by creating solutions together with your team members in different projects. You are completely familiar with Kotlin/Java, Relational Databases, RESTFul Web Services (Spring/ Java EE) and Docker and eager to learn and apply new technologies.
The Hyve is a young, international IT company, employing software developers, solutions architects and data engineers. We are dedicated to delivering solutions that support scientists in life sciences and healthcare R&D using open source software, open data and open standards. We enable open science by developing and implementing open source solutions and FAIRifying data in life sciences.
Currently we want to extend our Health Data Infrastructure team, where we focus on two aspects: Biomedical Data Services and Real World Evidence (RWE). The software development role will support our RWE team by further improving our open-source solutions and help researchers to utilize the full potential of population health data and patient generated data.
- Communicate with the customers about their challenges
- Create great solutions for our customers
- Write excellent code, tests and documentation
- Review code from colleagues or community
- Help less experienced colleagues to improve their coding skills
- Be able to work both independently on a task and in a team on a project
- Spring or Java EE
- Based in or willing to move to The Netherlands
- Affinity with what we try to achieve at The Hyve: Everyone in life sciences works together towards better health.
- Message Queue like Kafka (Confluent platform)
Nice to have
- Business process modelling (BPMN)
- JUnit, API testing, front end testing
- Web security (e.g., the OWASP top 10)
We offer a 32-40-hour workweek, a competitive salary and a pleasant working environment with young and bright colleagues.
For more information, please contact:
Julia Kurps, Team Lead Health Data Infrastructure, Julia@thehyve.nl
Harry van Haaften, Managing Director, +31 30 7009713, email@example.com
We do not appreciate being contacted by recruiters based on this vacancy.