Who are you?
You are a front-end developer who likes to work with modern web development frameworks like React, who does not shy away from building a visualization from scratch, and who would like to contribute to Open Source software and Open Data, biomedical science and patient well being.
The Hyve is a young, international Bio-IT company, employing software developers, solutions architects and data engineers. We are dedicated to delivering solutions that support scientists in life sciences and healthcare R&D using open source software, open data and open standards. Our vision is to enhance the quality and impact of biomedical research by providing biomedical informatics solutions.
- Developing new front ends for data exploration, visualization and analysis
- Integrating existing open source visualizations into a single user-friendly interface
- Creating new visualizations from scratch (but using existing tools where possible)
- Testing newly developed functionality
- Creating Pull Requests for review by the community and reviewing PRs from other community members
- Affinity with what we try to achieve at The Hyve: improving the world by providing biomedical scientists with excellent tools for managing their data
- Experience with React
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience in writing unit tests
- Healthy dose of curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Based in or willing to move to The Netherlands
- Experience with Redux/MobX
- Experience with D3.js and/or Plot.ly
Nice to have
- Affinity with genomics data, or life sciences more generally
- Experience with Plot.ly, Git, Docker
What can we offer
- 32-40-hour workweek
- Competitive salary
- A young, diverse and international team
- Located in Utrecht, the heart of The Netherlands
- Working for renowned research institutes worldwide
- Working for research departments of most of the top 10 Big Pharma
- We have a Personal Development Budget for each employee of The Hyve, to encourage investing in developing yourself personally or professionally.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan
- A great workplace with team activities, table football, Game Nights and a piano
For more information, please contact:
- Seher Room, HR Officer, +31 30 7009713 or email@example.com