Who are you?
The Hyve is a young, international IT company, employing software developers, solutions architects and data engineers. We are dedicated to delivering solutions that support scientists in life sciences and healthcare R&D using open source software, open data and open standards. Our vision is to enhance the quality and impact of biomedical research by providing biomedical informatics solutions.
Currently we want to extend our Cancer Genomics team, where we enhance cancer research with different tools. The main tool in our team is cBioPortal, an interactive open-source platform designed to visualize and analyze genomic data in a user-friendly way. It provides researchers and clinicians an insight in large scale cancer genomics data sets to help them create and select better treatments for patients. As a team we provide services like deployment, data loading, development, consulting and training.
- Write excellent code, tests and documentation
- Review code from colleagues or community
- Help less experienced colleagues to improve their coding skills
- Be a good sparring partner for our senior developer and architect when designing features and estimating work
- Be able to work both independently on a task and in a team on a project
- Spring or Java EE
- Based in or willing to move to The Netherlands
- Affinity with what we try to achieve at The Hyve: improving the world by providing biomedical scientists with excellent tools for managing their data
Nice to have
- Python + Flask
- Angular 3
We offer a 32-40-hour workweek, a competitive salary and a pleasant working environment with young and bright colleagues.
For more information, please contact:
Sjoerd van Hagen, Project Manager Cancer Genomics, email@example.com
Harry van Haaften, Managing Director, +31 30 7009713, firstname.lastname@example.org