We are looking for an experienced operations engineer responsible for configuring (cloud) infrastructures, including keeping it operational during all phases of development and in production. Someone who wants to work in an international business environment and make the world a better place by improving biomedical research software.
The Hyve is an innovative, international IT company, employing software developers, solutions architects and data engineers. We are dedicated to delivering solutions that support scientists in life sciences and healthcare R&D using open source software, open data and open standards. Our vision is to enhance the quality and impact of biomedical research by providing tailored informatics solutions. You will become part of a team dedicated to building a platform as a service. Expanding our team will enable us to further develop our products and services portfolio.
We are looking for a trustworthy and reliable Operations Engineer. You are a service-oriented problem solver, a team player. You have excellent communication skills both with regards to internal and external stakeholders (developers, team leads, product owners and clients).
- Set up, configure and maintain servers
- Cloud infrastructure configuration/scripting
- Security, availability and vitals monitoring
- Application deployment automation
- Application support: problem diagnosis, configuration changes, assistance with code changes (i.e. bug fixes)
- Network infrastructure configuration
- Performance monitoring and optimization
- Containerization of applications
- (Public) cloud infrastructures, in particular Azure and AWS
- Continuous integration and delivery (Jenkins)
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Based in or willing to move to The Netherlands
- Affinity with our core values and vision
Nice to have
- Deployment automation / configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant)
- Experience with Amazon S3
We offer an open, innovative and international office culture that appreciates and leaves room for own initiative. We offer a 32 to 40-hour workweek, a competitive salary and a pleasant working environment with young and bright colleagues.
Please provide us with your motivation letter and CV by email. For more information, please contact Seher Room, HR Officer, +31 30 7009713 or email@example.com.